Stick to Your Holiday Diet with Prepared Food Delivery
The holiday season is upon us, and although some will say that the holidays are all about family and gratitude, let’s be honest: there’s a big part of it that’s just about the food! This can make it especially difficult for those of us who are sticking to a certain diet regimen. Let’s be honest: it’s hard to meet our goals when we’re surrounded by pumpkin pie and gravy. Here at Lean Lifestyle, we’ve seen again and again that prepared food delivery can save the day when you’re trying to stick to a diet over the holidays.
Here are a few of our favorite tips to help you stay healthy over the holidays, no matter the temptation:
- First, make a plan: Simply having a plan is going to put you ahead of the pack. If you have filling, delicious, and well-balanced meals to look forward to, it’s a lot easier to say no to sugary treats.
- Prepare healthy snacks: In addition, it’s smart to have good snacks ready to go so that you can munch while everyone else is too.
- Have filling meals: If you’re on a crash diet, you may spend a lot of time just being hungry. It’s important to have nutritious meals that stay with you and make you feel full for more than just those 30 minutes after eating. Healthy fats, lean proteins, and whole grains will all give you sustained energy and help you to feel full.
- Don’t let travel throw you: If you’re traveling during the holidays, that can again make it difficult to stick to a plan. Away from your own refrigerator and your usual schedule, you have to make a special effort to stick to your diet. Schedule eating times, keep healthy snacks around, and don’t put off eating until you’re starving and willing to settle for whatever McDonald’s has to offer you on the road.
- Bring your own holiday meal: When you meet up with family for the sole purpose of eating, it’s hard to abstain and be the only one sitting before a salad. Instead, bring your own filling, healthy meal that you can eat instead, but still be happy with. Take a good look, for example, at our oven roasted turkey breast, or apricot pork tenderloin.
- Come with a healthy snack to share: Feeling awkward about having your own meal? Remember to also bring something to share so that you don’t stick out like a sore thumb. Take this opportunity to introduce something new to your family. Who knows–it could well become a tradition!
Here at Lean Lifestyle, we offer prepared food delivery solutions that help you stick to your healthy goals all year long. When you’re a member, you can even change the address of your food delivery through your client portal so that you can keep eating healthy, even at another address. Contact us today to learn more!